Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2015

28. Nov. 2015 - Mejillones


 

 

 

 

 

Yesterday soaring up did not take place, so I went up by feet. I should not have done this as take-off up does also not seem to be an option this morning. The condensate is not lifting, the winds come from different directions. As one of the rare moments occur, where the coastal road can be spotted I try to power my wing out. I am airborne, but broke several lines, cutting them on sharp rocks, two of a stabilo, one second galery braking line. The walk up to top was invested to high as the cloud base is around 800 m asl. or even lower. Lifting air is also not broadly offered today. Not moving in the harness, no use of brakes or accelerator and using every upwind possibility to gain some additional height is the way I am flying towards the north, but still I get lower and lower. I see myself often on the ground, but can escape again and again from very low places. What gets surely lost is time. No comparison to my flight, three weeks ago, when I was above the ridge, most the time. When I finally reach Tocopilla, I am already almost one hour late to my time-table for this flight. I decide to make it a sightseeing- and fun-flight - 300 kms or more are not in the cards any more, thats for sure. I plan to topland at Cabo Paquica to try another flight from there to Camarones, which would offer a new attempt of a 300km+ flight. Toplanding at Cabo Paquica I ruin one more line of the glider - this is not my day …