Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2015

09. Nov. 2015 - Mejillones


 

 

 

I take the Turbus to Meijellones and arrive there in the heat of the early afternoon. A walk through the flat desert to the mountain foot and up a bit on the mountain brings me to a point at around 400 m asl, where I prepare a place for take-off and I start. It  is a scratching and fighting for every cm, but finally I fly up higher and higher and at the end I am above the mountain. But now top landing looks like being to dangerous because of thermal turbulences, but also getting weaker. So I try and try and try and finally I land on top of the mountain. Some 10 of 15 minutes later back flow kicks in and landing would not be possible any more because of the opposite reason. But I am here on top of the mountain, overlooking the desert highlands on one side and the desert coast line and the sea on the other side - nice !