Mittwoch, 4. März 2015

02. November 2014 - Cabo Paquica >> Iquique

We start in the early morning in my van and drive to the south. Two swiss pilots and a french pilot exit the van before the innerchilenian border of El Loa and walk up the dunes of Chipana to start from there. Guenther from Switzerland and Alex from Canada join me further south to Cabo Paquica, where you can drive up the old costal road directly to take off. At take off we have to wait 90 minutes longer than usual for the thermals to do their daily job. When we finally fly we are late on our way. The flight to Iquique is one of the nicer ones with high cloud base and nice conditions all the way. As we are late in Iquique and cloud base is low there and very much everything in the shadow, I turn around at Punta Cruz and try to fly back to the airport once more. But really to late I am and after Los Verdes I have to turn around again, avoiding to be on the ground somewhere out in begining dawn. Luckily I can make it all the way back to Baja Molle. If the day would have started just as early as usual ….